Current Tenant Resources
Rent is due on the first of the month, considered late on the second, and late fees start accruing thereafter. If you have questions, please follow the link below that goes into greater detail into the process. You can find contact information here as well.
Home maintenance is one of the most effective ways to keep rent down and disruptions to your life to a minimum. To get more information on what you can do to keep your property maintained and how it will directly impact you, please follow the link below.
We understand that life can throw a curve ball at you from time to time. These hardships can cause financial burdens that can bind you for a long period of time. We have reached out and cultivated relationships with many different charities that can help many different financial needs, whether that’s additional funds for rent, utilities, food, clothing, or if you just need someone to lean on. The process we have refined with these charities for rent payments is designed to keep you from getting behind. In order for you to be successful, we need you to contact us before the first of the month so we can intercede and prevent additional fees from accruing. Please click the link below for a complete list of the charities in Dallas County. Additionally, please contact your property manager for more information and guidance.
Notice to Vacate
We understand that your rental house is not always your forever house and you might move because of new jobs, changes in your family, or just wanting a new place to live. Our 30 Day Notice to Vacate process was designed to make sure that both parties are well informed of their obligations to ensure there is no confusion on expectations. The 30 Day Notice to Vacate has a complete list of requirements for a successful notice to vacate. Below are some of the more important requirements for a 30 Day Notice to Vacate:
- Must be written on our 30 Day Notice to Vacate, which can be retrieved from an Alden Short, Inc. associate
- Must be cross signed by an Alden Short, Inc. associate so both parties understand, agree, and acknowledge the terms of the 30 Day Notice to Vacate
- Cannot break a current lease
- Must be at least 30 days prior to the end of the lease
- Must fulfill the terms of the 30 Day Notice to Vacate
We have found successful tenant transitions have the following activities:
- Keys are returned to an Alden Short, Inc. associate and a receipt for the keys is signed by both parties on or before the move-out date
- Vacate the property by the agreed date
- Left the property in good clean condition. This includes making sure all trash has been removed from the property, yards are mowed, and all lease obligations are fulfilled
- A forwarding address was supplied on the 30 Day Notice to Vacate
- Only one 30 Day Notice to Vacate is submitted. Multiple notices causes confusion on intent
We understand the excitement of moving to a new location, but please take time and make sure you have thought through your timeline and process. Doing this will ensure an easier transition. If you have questions about a 30 Day Notice to Vacate or wish to obtain a 30 Day Notice to Vacate please visit one of Alden Short, Inc.’s locations and talk with an associate.