Find the perfect place to call home in Mesquite
Covering a total of 46.2 square miles, Mesquite is home to a number of parks, libraries, schools and entertainment facilities. Top employers in Mesquite include Sears, United Parcel Service and Dallas Regional Medical Center.
Area attractions and things to do in Mesquite:
- Take in the rich culture and diverse event line up at the Mesquite Arts Center. Enjoy food, drinks, live music, dance instructions, festivals, plays and so much more. At the MAC, you’ll get your fix of a night out on the town.
- Shop ’til you drop at Town East Mall, located in Regal Row, which makes up one-third of Mesquite’s “Rows of Texas,” the city’s 4-mile long shopping, dining and entertainment district. Regal Row offers hundreds of options for shoppers and food lovers to go all out, where Tex-Mex, BBQ, burgers and seafood is in abundance.
- Step back in time with a tour of Florence Ranch Homestead, the town’s first historical park that still stands today. The building was donated to the City of Mesquite by the Florence family, and has since been restored and furnished with historically important items that serve as an ode to days gone by. Pick up a unique gift at its gift shop before you go.
- Take in the fresh air and natural sites offered within the grounds of one of Mesquite’s 60 parks! Enjoy walking trails, fishing at Catfish Corner, or volleyball at Samuell Farm. Some of the parks even offer pavilions and full-service buildings in which to enjoy an afternoon picnic, a child’s birthday party or a big family reunion.
- Gas: Atmos Energy (888) 286-6700
- Water: City of Mesquite (972) 216-6208
- Mesquite Non-Emergency: (972) 285-6336
- STAR Transit: Public Transportation Service. STAR Transit connects you to the DART Rail Green Line via Express Bus Route 282 (COMPASS, City of Mesquite PASsenger Shuttle) from Mesquite Park and Ride. For information about routes, visit the Star Transit website.
- City of Mesquite Animal Services: (972) 216-6283.
- Mesquite ISD: (972) 288-6411